The Better Dads Festival takes place on the Roger McGuire Green in Pack Square Park, located in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
The venue is ADA accessible. Please contact the organizers if you have any special needs.
Best Dads Festival is family friendly. There will be plenty of activities for kids! There is so much fun stuff, they may pee their pants.
Beer will be sold at the festival. ID is required to obtain a bracelet, necessary to purchase beer. Bracelets and beer tickets are available at the main festival booth. No outside alcohol is allowed. Please do not drink near the Veterans Memorial.
Children and parents love dogs. We love dogs. But the City of Asheville prohibits dogs in the park (Assistance dogs allowed). Probably not a good idea to bring your cat, either …
Inhale the fresh mountain air!
First aid is available at the main festival booth. For anything more serious, contact a security person, police or call 911.
Given the limited parking capacity of the city and county public parking, carpooling and public transportation are encouraged.
We recommend using one of the City of Asheville parking facilities. They are safe, reliable and cheaper than parking on the street. The first hour is free and each additional hour is $1. In addition, parking decks are served Monday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and accept cash, coins, Visa or MasterCard.
- Civic Center Garage – enter from the street or Haywood Rankin Avenue
- Rankin Avenue Garage – enter from Rankin Avenue and Walnut Street
- Wall Street Garage – Go To Otis Street near Patton Avenue
- Biltmore Avenue Garage – enter from Biltmore Avenue or Lexington Avenue
- Buncombe County Parking – $1 per hour, enter via College Street near the courthouse. There are also several garages and private parking lots located throughout the city.
You’ll find limited on-street parking around town. Metered parking is for two hours or less (as marked) and is $1.25 per hour. Meters accept coins or you can download the Passport Parking App to pay by phone. Metered parking is enforced Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm. Parking is free after 6pm and all day Sunday as well as on city holidays. Some areas of the downtown now feature a pay-by-phone option. Look for signs with instructions.
The City of Asheville Rapid Transit (ART) provides bus service throughout the city including downtown. The transit center is located at 49 Coxe Avenue in the center of downtown. For maps and schedules visit the city transit website: Maps & Schedules.
Cab & Uber & Lyft
We also encourage participants to use taxi services:
- Checker Cab: 828-232-4476
- Yellow Cab: 828-253-3311
- Blue Bird Cab: 828-258-8331
- AVL bicycle taxi: 828-777-5115
- Uber & Lyft (download apps)